For more information on Medicare:
- Medicare Helpline – 1‑800‑MEDICARE (1‑800‑633‑4227), TTY 1‑877‑486‑2048, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- www.medicare.gov – You can download a copy of the official Medicare handbook, “Medicare & You,” or request that a copy be sent to you. There are also online tools to help you make your Medicare plan choices.
- Social Security Administration – If you have questions about eligibility, enrollment or need extra help paying for Medicare, visit www.ssa.gov or call 1‑800‑772‑1213, TTY 1‑800‑325‑0778, Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Erie County Department of Senior Services – Find out if you are eligible for financial assistance for your health care costs as well as find information on other community programs for older adults. Call (716) 858-8526 Monday-Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm (July & August: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm), TTY users call 711, or visit http://www2.erie.gov/seniorservices/
- New York State Health Insurance Program (NYSHIP)/Health Insurance Information Counseling and Assistance Program (HIICAP) – Find information about Medicare, Medicaid, managed care, EPIC and other health insurance options and issues. Call 1‑800‑701‑0501 (TTY 711) or visit www.aging.ny.gov.
- Railroad Retirement Board – If you worked for the railroad and want to find out more about your benefits, call 1‑877‑772‑5772, TTY 1‑312‑751‑4701, Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. CST.
- Independent Health – Call us at (716) 635‑4900 or 1‑800‑958‑4405 (TTY users call: 711), October 1 - March 31: Monday - Sunday, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m., April 1 - September 30: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. Visit us online at www.independenthealth.com/medicare, send us an email at medicarehelp@IndependentHealth.com or speak with one of our RedShirtsSM at a Medicare Information Center* near you.
- Elderly Pharmaceutical Insurance Coverage (EPIC) Program – Find out if you are eligible for assistance in paying for your out-of-pocket Medicare Part D drug plan costs. Call EPIC at 1-800-332-3742 (TTY 1-800-290-9138).